Vaccines for the 2019 influenza season are now available at Mooloolaba Beach Pharmacy! Some pharmacists are now registered and trained to administer influenza vaccines, as well as the measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) and the Diptheria-tetanus-pertusis (DTPa – whooping cough!) vaccines.
Influenza remains a common cause of hospitalisation and death in Australia. The quadrivalent vaccine available in pharmacy this year provides increased immunity to the 4 strains Queensland Health believes will have the biggest impact this flu season;
- A 2015 strain from Michigan
- A 2017 Strain from Switzerland
- A 2013 strain from Phuket
- A 2017 strain from Colorado (not included in trivalent immunisations).
Vaccination is funded under the national immunisation program if you are;
- 65 Years of age or older
- Identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Have other chronic health conditions
You may also qualify for a high-dose, trivalent vaccine. Come in store to see if you qualify for the National Immunisation Program or to get your vaccine during business hours from Monday through Friday!